Call for Consultants: Gender Experts
Atalanta is a social enterprise whose mission is to increase the number of women holding senior government positions worldwide and accelerate programmes that tackle the root causes of gender inequality. We provide communications and political consulting services to a range of clients including: political candidates and parties, government ministries, NGOs, and corporations.
Experience & Skills
Atalanta is seeking gender experts to join our network of consultants. We have a particular focus on the following areas of expertise:
- Women’s political representation;
- Women’s economic empowerment;
- Sexual and reproductive rights;
- Girls’ education;
- Gender-based violence;
- Trafficking; and
- Workplace equality.
Successful candidates will have at least 5 years’ experience. A background in the non-profit, government and/or corporate sectors are all suitable. An understanding of grant processes, programme cycles, and monitoring and evaluation frameworks would an added asset.
Many of our clients are based in EMEA, so knowledge of this region is strongly preferred.
English language fluency is a requirement. Additional language skills may be needed for specific projects, so please indicate your language capabilities.
As this role is freelance and project-based, responsibilities will vary based on specific client needs. Responsibilities may include:
- Designing and implementing training programmes for female candidates;
- Advising political parties on their strategies for recruiting and supporting female candidates and/or engaging and mobilizing female voters;
- Advising candidates and political parties on gender policy development;
- Providing technical guidance to government clients on developing effective gender strategies at national, state, and community levels;
- Providing strategic guidance and implementation support for public awareness and behavioural change campaigns related to gender equality; and
- Establishing effective partnerships with gender-focused organisations.
London (remote working available)
If based in London, the candidate must have the right to work in the United Kingdom. If providing services remotely, the candidate must have the necessary work permissions required in their home country.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience, industry standards, and client budgets.
Atalanta is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, gender, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. We strongly believe that diversity in the workplace is an asset both to our organisation and for our ability to deliver for our diverse client base.
How to Apply
Please send your CV, cover letter, and references to careers [at] atalanta [dot] co