Atalanta is a dynamic and growing mission-driven firm with extensive advocacy, campaigning and strategic communications expertise.
We work with inspirational leaders and global organisations - whether in the philanthropic, corporate or political fields to amplify the impact of their work. We help them shape public opinion, run for political office, raise awareness of global issues, and mobilise communities and funding for their initiatives.
We have a particular focus on advancing women's leadership worldwide and accelerating programmes that tackle the root causes of gender inequality.
We’re looking for an exceptional candidate to serve as an Account Manager overseeing a portfolio of multinational clients. This role would include leading our work with a prominent organisation focused on advancing women’s public leadership in Africa, which is run by a globally renowned woman leader. It would also include leading projects with a range of prominent international organisations (e.g., UN agencies) focused on gender equality, education, global health, and a range of other topics essential to sustainable and inclusive development.
A successful candidate should have broad, proven experience across all aspects of communications and client management.
Here’s what we care about:
- Delivering high-quality work, with exacting standards for attention to detail.
- Building a dynamic team with a diversity of backgrounds, and ensuring they are constantly growing and developing new skills.
- Working for clients that have an impact on their countries, sectors and communities.
- A growth mindset for Atalanta, thinking creatively about driving business development and client delivery.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has a minimum of 6 years of experience, with a focus on communications and campaign strategy (either in an advocacy or electoral context), and an analytical and outcomes-driven approach to working with clients.
- Has strong writing and copy-editing skills with an ability to deliver compelling, impactful content for clients across a range of different media (from digital to long-form reports).
- Has significant, proven client management experience and knows how to implement rigorous quality assurance practices across multiple projects.
- Thrives in an agency or a similarly fast-paced environment with multiple simultaneous project deadlines.
- Demonstrates good judgement and the ability to make decisions at pace.
- Is an excellent project manager with an ability to motivate teams to work together to deliver for clients.
- Is meticulously organised, with an extremely high level of attention to detail, and who knows how to bring out the same in others.
- Prizes efficiency and is constantly exploring new ways to improve processes.
- Wants to be part of building a dynamic and growing organisation, and who understands what that entails.
- Has some experience in business development with both existing and potential clients and is keen to learn how to drive revenue growth.
- Has uncompromising standards for personal integrity and demonstrates strong initiative and personal drive to succeed.
- Has common sense and a solution-oriented mindset and is able to communicate effectively and without ambiguity with teams and clients.
- Bounces back from mistakes and learns from feedback.
Here’s what you would be doing:
- Overseeing a portfolio of philanthropic, government, political campaign, and NGO clients; ensuring that delivery for those clients remains at an exceptionally high standard.
- Managing day-to-day client relationships, in close coordination with the CEO and the broader team.
- Providing strategic direction and oversight for projects, constantly looking for new opportunities to deliver impact.
- Developing strategy and managing the execution of communications, political, and advocacy campaigns.
- Writing content for clients, at a standard that could be delivered to the CEO of a large multinational organisation with minimal edits required.
- Reviewing all communications output on behalf of the portfolio of clients, including copyediting and providing feedback on the work of junior team members.
- Overseeing reporting for clients, reviewing monthly key performance indicator (KPI) reports and project-based reports developed by the team.
- Working closely with the CEO and COO to drive business development and revenue growth.
- Managing a network of freelancers, including designers, developers, video editors and copywriters.
English language fluency, excellent project management, and strong writing skills are essential. Additional language skills, particularly Portuguese, Arabic, German, Spanish, or French, would be a plus.
You must have the right to work in the United Kingdom. Visa sponsorship is not available at this time.
Up to £57,500 depending on experience plus a performance-based annual bonus.
Atalanta is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, gender, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. We strongly believe that diversity in the workplace is an asset both to our organisation and for our ability to deliver for our diverse client base.
- Hybrid working, with a minimum of 3 days per week in our London office, unless otherwise agreed (closest station: Old Street Underground or Haggerston Overground).
- Start date:
- As soon as we find the right fit.