Account Director/Senior Account Director
Atalanta is a mission-driven agency with expertise in strategic communications, campaigning, and global stakeholder engagement.
We work with inspirational leaders and global organisations - whether in the philanthropic, corporate, or political fields to amplify the impact of their work. We help our clients shape public opinion, run for political office, raise awareness of global issues, and mobilise communities and funding for their initiatives to deliver impact on issues that matter for people and the planet.
We’re looking for an exceptional candidate to serve as an Account Director overseeing a portfolio of multinational clients and working closely with the leadership team to continue to grow the company. A successful candidate should have broad, proven experience across all aspects of communications and client management.
Here’s what we care about:
- Delivering high-quality work, with exacting standards for attention to detail.
- Building a dynamic team with a diversity of backgrounds, and ensuring they are constantly growing and developing new skills.
- Working for clients that have an impact on their countries, sectors and communities.
- A growth mindset for Atalanta, thinking creatively about driving business development and client delivery.
We're looking for someone who:
- Has a minimum of 6 years of experience, ideally in an agency setting although in-house and advocacy experience will be considered.
- An analytical and outcomes-driven approach to working with clients.
- Proven experience managing communications campaigns within complex, multi-stakeholder environments, ideally working with high-level political stakeholders. We are particularly interested in candidates who have experience within the sustainability sector.
- Has strong writing and copy-editing skills with an ability to deliver compelling, impactful content for clients across a range of different media (from digital to long-form reports).
- Has significant, proven client management experience and knows how to implement rigorous quality assurance practices across multiple projects.
- Thrives in an agency or a similarly fast-paced environment with multiple simultaneous project deadlines.
- Demonstrates good judgement and the ability to make decisions at pace.
- Is excellent at managing teams and supporting colleagues to perform at their best.
- Is meticulously organised, with an extremely high level of attention to detail, and who knows how to bring out the same in others.
- Prizes efficiency and is constantly exploring new ways to improve processes.
- Wants to be part of building a dynamic and growing organisation, and who understands what that entails. A low-ego, can-do attitude is essential.
- Knows how to drive revenue growth and business development with both existing and potential clients.
- Has uncompromising standards for personal integrity and demonstrates strong initiative and personal drive to succeed.
- Has common sense and a solution-oriented mindset and is able to communicate effectively and without ambiguity with teams and clients.
- Bounces back from mistakes and learns from feedback.
Here’s what you would be doing:
- Overseeing a portfolio of philanthropic, government, political campaign, and NGO clients; ensuring that delivery for those clients remains at an exceptionally high standard.
- Managing day-to-day client relationships, in close coordination with the CEO and the broader team.
- Providing strategic direction and oversight for projects, constantly looking for new opportunities to deliver impact.
- Developing strategy and managing the execution of communications, political, and advocacy campaigns.
- Writing content for clients, at a standard that could be delivered to the CEO of a large multinational organisation with minimal edits required.
- Reviewing all communications output on behalf of the portfolio of clients, including copy-editing and providing feedback on the work of mid-level and junior team members.
- Overseeing reporting for clients, reviewing monthly key performance indicator (KPI) reports and project-based reports developed by the team.
- Overseeing project budgets, with rigorous financial controls, in collaboration with the COO.
- Working closely with the CEO and COO to drive business development and revenue growth.
- Managing a network of freelancers, including designers, developers, video editors and copywriters.
English language fluency, excellent project management and strong writing skills are essential. Additional language skills, particularly Portuguese, Arabic, German, Spanish, or French, would be a plus.
You must have the right to work in the United Kingdom. Visa sponsorship is not available at this time.
- £50,000 - £75,000 depending on experience.
- Performance-based annual bonus.
- Eligible to participate in the agency’s commission scheme.
- BUPA healthcare.
Atalanta is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, gender, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. We strongly believe that diversity in the workplace is an asset both to our organisation and for our ability to deliver for our diverse client base.
- Hybrid, with a minimum of two days per week in our Holborn offices. Successful candidates will be expected to be in the office four days a week for the first month of onboarding.
- Start date:
- As soon as we find the right fit.