Account Executive/Senior Account Executive
Atalanta is a mission-driven agency with expertise in strategic communications, campaigning, and global stakeholder engagement.
We work with inspirational leaders and global organisations - whether in the philanthropic, corporate, or political fields to amplify the impact of their work. We help our clients shape public opinion, run for political office, raise awareness of global issues, and mobilise communities and funding for their initiatives to deliver impact on issues that matter for people and the planet.
We’re looking for an ambitious, dedicated, self-starter to serve as an Account Executive/Senior Account Executive across a portfolio of multinational clients, working closely with colleagues to support them on client delivery.
A successful candidate will be driven by a desire to excel, have painstaking attention to detail, and will be eager to take on a fast-paced role with significant opportunities for career development. A competitive candidate will have had some exposure to international relations and experience in communications, consulting, or media. They will need to be highly tech literate and able to rapidly understand new systems and applications. Strong research and writing skills are essential.
English language fluency is a requirement. Additional language skills particularly Spanish, Portuguese, German, or Arabic are preferable but not required.
Here’s what we care about:
- Delivering high-quality work, with exacting standards for attention to detail.
- Building a dynamic team with a diversity of backgrounds, and ensuring they are constantly growing and developing new skills.
- Working for clients that have an impact on their countries, sectors, and communities.
- A growth mindset for Atalanta, thinking creatively about driving business development and client delivery.
Here’s what we don’t care about:
- How many A-Levels you have, and what grades you got.
- Whether you went to university, and if so, what you studied.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Someone who has at least one year of experience in a digital or communications agency.
- Someone who is very organised and is good at keeping track of multiple projects and deadlines.
- Someone who is comfortable with tight deadlines and changing priorities.
- Someone who takes initiative and has the confidence to give things a go.
- Someone who can write high-quality short-form content, including blogs and social content.
- Someone who has an extremely high level of attention to detail.
- Someone who is willing to “muck in” and who understands that not all tasks are exciting or glamorous. A low-ego, can-do attitude is essential.
- Someone with the ability to think on their feet and grasp new concepts they aren’t already familiar with.
- Someone who thrives on open and frequent feedback.
- Someone who is hungry to learn and build new skills.
- Someone who is tech-savvy and has experience using social media either in their personal life or in a work setting.
Here’s what you would be doing:
Contributing to the delivery of digital marketing, media, and communications projects for a range of clients including public sector organisations, NGOs, multilateral organisations, corporations, and global philanthropies, by:
- Supporting Account Leads in the project management of day-to-day tasks. Examples include tracking deliverables, scheduling calls, taking meeting notes, and preparing agendas.
- Supporting the account lead in preparing strategic guidance for clients.
- Conducting open-source desk research to brief the team on clients and specialist subject matters.
- Writing high-quality social media and blog content, as well as longer-form content including op-eds.
- Conducting research on stakeholders including researching key contacts and collating contact details.
- Researching and preparing media lists.
- Producing internal reporting for clients, reviewing monthly key performance indicator (KPI) reports and project-based reports on the progress of campaigns.
- Coordinating with our team of designers to manage the creation of social media graphics.
You must have the right to work in the United Kingdom. Visa sponsorship is not available at this time.
- £28,000-£37,000 depending on experience.
- Performance-based annual bonus.
- Eligible to participate in the agency’s commission scheme.
- BUPA healthcare.
Atalanta is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, gender, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
- Hybrid, with a minimum of two days per week in our Holborn offices. Successful candidates will be expected to be in the office four days a week for the first month of onboarding.
- Start date:
- As soon as we find the right fit.